BECE Social Studies Questions 2024 All JHS3 students should be able to answer All questions given here are based on the Social Studies syllabus.
As you prepare for BECE 2024, take a look at the BECE Social Studies questions that all JHS3 students should be able to answer. We create questions that require students to apply the knowledge they have acquired through social studies.
In some cases, students must use research papers to answer these questions. Students and teachers are to solve these problems on their own. Teachers can also assign these questions to students for homework or group work and ask students to answer the questions in class.
BECE SOCIAL STUDIES QUESTIONS ON CITIZENSHIP AND GOVERNMENT:
- Discuss the Five (5) Values of Active Citizenship in Democracy.
- Identify four challenges that may hinder public participation in democracy.
- Explain the different branches of government in Ghana.
- Give three of the respective functions of each branch of government.
- Explain three ways the separation of powers provides checks and balances in a democracy.
- List and explain the five basic human rights enshrined in the constitution of Ghana.
- Tell your colleagues about the national situation, four (4) ways to protect and improve the law.
- Compare and contrast Ghana’s traditional regime with its modern democracy. Which system do you think is better? From where?
- Imagine that you have been chosen as the principal of your school. Explain your plans and strategies for improving your friends’ health
Cultural and personal questions
- Explain the concept of multiculturalism and its importance in promoting understanding and tolerance in Ghanaian society.
- Discuss the role of festivals and celebrations in preserving Ghana’s cultural heritage.
- Show five ways Ghanaian culture and tradition has adapted to today’s world.
- Explain four impacts of globalization on Ghanaian culture. Check out the pros and cons of this effect.
- Describe four different ethnic groups in Ghana.
- Explain how these groups contribute to the country’s richness and diversity.
- Write a personal essay (Information Application) that will help you understand and appreciate the importance of respect for culture in Ghana.
Economy and Development Questions:
- Identify the five major economic sectors in Ghana.
- Discuss 4 challenges and 3 opportunities in developing Ghana’s financial resources.
- Compare and contrast the formal and informal sectors of the Ghanaian economy in Ghana. What do you think is the most important role in Ghana’s national development? Give four reasons for your answer.
- What are the main causes of poverty in Ghana?
- What are the major factors that contribute to poverty in Ghana? Explain any four
- Discuss solutions and the role of individuals and communities in solving poverty in Ghana.
- Explains the concept of sustainable development.
- Explain the importance of sustainable development to ensure long-term economic and environmental prosperity in Ghana.
- Imagine being invited to participate in a discussion on “Science and Technology as the Key to Solving Ghana’s Development Challenges”. Give arguments for or against these statements.
2024 BECE Social Studies Sample Questions on International Relations and Global Issues
- Discuss the importance of international cooperation in solving global problems such as climate change and poverty. How can Ghana contribute to these efforts?
- Explain the concept of globalization and its impact on all aspects of life in Ghana. Identify the pros and cons.
- Explain the role of international organizations such as the United Nations and the African Union in promoting peace and security in Ghana and around the world.
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities for regional integration in West Africa.
- How has Ghana benefited from greater cooperation with its neighbors? Consider representing your Ghana at an international human rights conference. Talk about the importance of supporting human rights around the world.
Remember, these are just questions. The actual BECE exam may cover different topics or use a different format. However, by practicing these types of questions, you can improve your critical thinking skills, analytical writing skills, and knowledge of important research topics that will be useful for your exam.