According to the Education Minister, the year 2023 has witnessed the highest enrollment in school placements to date.

According to the Education Minister, the year 2023 has witnessed the highest enrollment in school placements to date.

 

During a gathering with the Ashanti Regional House of Chiefs, Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum, the Minister of Education, announced that the 2023 school placement has achieved the highest enrollment thus far. The statement comes after SHS1 students reported to school on December 4th.

Dr. Adutwum acknowledged the challenges faced by the School Placement System (SPS), but highlighted that the 2023 academic year witnessed the largest enrollment in the history of the CSSPS (Computerized School Selection and Placement System).

The Minister revealed that the Ministry was able to successfully place 95 percent of the 2023 Junior High School graduates in various senior high schools (SHSs) across the country. Out of these placements, 81 percent of students were automatically assigned to their preferred institutions, while the remaining 19 percent utilized the self-placement option.

 

The event served as an opportunity for Dr. Adutwum to update the Ashanti Regional House of Chiefs on his achievements as the Minister of Education. Representatives from the Kumasi Traditional Council, the Regional House of Chiefs, and the Asantehene were present at the gathering.

 

Dr. Adutwum emphasized that the enrollment for the current year is the highest recorded since the implementation of the placement system. He also addressed various educational issues, including the challenges encountered during the 2023 SHS placement. Despite the difficulties, the Minister reassured the audience of the government’s commitment to education in the country.

 

In response, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, the Asantehene, urged the chiefs to monitor the progress of educational infrastructure projects and ensure the development of education in their respective areas.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *